Frequently Asked Questions
- Where can I find information regarding late payment charges?
- Will I receive a statement of account?
- If I am paying with student loan, do I have to pay a late payment charge if my loan is not available on the deadline for fees payment?
- If I have a student loan can I pay my fees by another method?
- If I pay by another method after my loan has been processed, will the amount still be deducted from my loan?
- If I am paying with a tuition voucher and my fees are less than the voucher how do I get the credit for the unused portion?
- If I have a tuition voucher or scholarship applied to my student account after my student loan has been issued can I have my loan changed to reflect the payment?
- What happens if I pick up a course after the deadline date for fees payment?
- If I have charges dropped how will my refund be done?
- If I have a student loan and I drop courses or opt out of the health and dental will that amount be refunded to me?
- How do I opt out of the Health and/or dental insurance?
- If I have completed the opt out for health and/or dental insurance, can I reduce my payment by that amount?
- Where can I get a “Confirmation of Enrollment”?
- How can I get a receipt for Income Tax Purposes?
You will find this information and on line in the University Calendar.
As part of Memorial University’s commitment to sustainability statements for student accounts will be sent via email to your @mun address. Statements for registered students will not be sent through the regular postal service. You can also review the details of your account at any time through the Memorial Self-Service.
If you applied for your student loan at least three weeks prior to the deadline for fees payment and if your loan covers all your fees there will be no late payment charge
Yes . However, if you wish to do that you must do prior to the date that your student loan is processed.
Yes. The fees will also be deducted from your loan and you will have to wait until automatic refunds are done after the 100% drop deadline. The refund will be done back through the method of payment.
Another tuition voucher will be forwarded to you for the credit remaining.
Student Loans can not be changed after they have been issued.
Fees for charges added to the student account by the deadline for fees payment must be paid by that date to avoid the late payment penalty. If you add a course after that date you have 48 hours to pay without incurring the late payment charge.
Refunds are done after the 100% drop date back through the method of payment.
No. It is a requirement of student aid that these refunds be returned to the National Student Loan Service to reduce the student’s debt outstanding.
Undergraduate students with alternate coverage may opt of the health and dental insurance on line at:
1. Undergraduate Student - https://munsu.ca/services/hdplan/
2. Graduate Student - http://www.gsumun.ca/health-dental-plan
3. International Student - https://www.mun.ca/international/programming/healthinsurance/
Yes. Payment of the student account can be reduced by the amount of the insurance opt out. The amount will show as an outstanding balance until the opt outs are processed after the undergraduate 100% drop date.
The “Confirmation of Enrollment” is available at the Registrars Office.
T2202A forms will be available through the Memorial Self-Service by February 28th for the preceding calendar year.