Build Your Network
Building relationships is crucial to success, and it's never too early to begin! Networking with professionals and your peers is an excellent opportunity for building friendship, collaboration, development, and to explore career options. Everyone you meet has the potential to strengthen your network.
Tips on how to begin.
- Discover essential tips on building and maintaining your network
- Make an appointment with your career advisor for individual advice
Become familiar with campus resources.
- Get to know the Graduate Student Union - your student representation on campus
- Seek out opportunities to meet professionals, alumni and other students by attending various on-campus events offered by Student Life.
Be proactive and get involved.
- Get involved with clubs and societies that represent your interests
- Visit the Student Volunteer Bureau to find out more about your volunteering options
- Find out about working on campus through options such as graduate assistantships and GradSWEP
Explore off-campus resources.
- Contact the Community Sector Council for ways to engage with your community and connect with local organizations
- Check out off-campus employment opportunities
- Explore professional associations that may be relevant to your field