Plan Your Studies
Planning your studies is critical to success in graduate school. Having a study plan, understanding how to learn, and knowing where to get support will help you complete on time and achieve your academic goals.
Understand your degree requirements and plan your courses and research in advance.
- Check out the University Calendar for information on degree requirements
- Contact your graduate officer with any program specific questions
- Understand Memorial's expectations for your conduct, outlined in the Student Code of Conduct
Have a study plan and learn how to study effectively.
- Set yourself up for success with these 5 study tips for graduate students
- Learn how to create an effective study plan and develop effective study techniques
- Set short-term and long-term goals to help keep you on track with your studies and progress consistently towards degree completion
- Build a grad map to track your ideas, goals and successes throughout your degree
Understand how you learn best.
- Adjust to the new environment of graduate school by discovering what learning strategy is best for you
- Explore different approaches with study skills workshops offered by Student Life
- Browse the top study skills resources from the Student Wellness and Counselling Centre
Know where you can get help.
- Make an appointment to get one-on-one research help from a librarian
- Learn about the resources offered through the Blundon Centre and make an appointment with a student learning accessibility advisor if you have accessibility needs
- Join or start a study group and work with other students to increase your productivity and get help from your peers