Managing a positive relationship with your supervisor may be challenging but will contribute to your academic and professional success. This skill is also transferable to managing supervisory relationships in the workplace.
- Maintain consistent and clear communication with your supervisor or advisor before and during your graduate degree
- Learn how to cultivate and manage a relationship with your advisor
- Get tips on how to build an effective graduate student-supervisor relationship
Resources at Memorial:
- Review Memorial's guidelines on the responsibilities of supervisors and graduate students
- Know who your graduate officer (GO) is and contact them with inquiries regarding academics or advising
- Familiarize yourself with the graduate student annual program and supervisory report