2019 Blackall House Reunion
TARGET: All Blackall House alumni from 1967 - 1985 when it was an all-males residence.
DATE: Fri., Aug. 9 to Sun., Aug. 11, 2019
LOCATION: St. John's, NL | Various locations on St. John's main campus.
DESCRIPTION: It’s been 50 years since Blackall House opened its doors to a bunch of wide-eyed and eager males looking to make their mark on the world. That was 1967 and up till 1985 it was an all-male residence.
Here is the agenda of planned activities:
- Friday , Aug. 9, 2019 , 6:00 PM till we lose interest - Registration Meet and Greet with live music at Breezeway Bar located on campus. Please note the Breezeway accepts cash only for bar payments . No credit cards or debit cards. Cash ATM on site should you need it.
- Saturday Aug. 10, 2019:
- 11:00 AM - 12:00 PM - Blackall House / Paton College tour
- 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM - Lunch on campus or as you choose. There are numerous lunch locations on campus. Everyone is responsible for their own lunch (Pay as you go).
- 1:00 PM - 6:00 PM - Free Time. Get together in smaller groups with old friends, walk the campus and reminisce or take in your favorite attractions in the city.
- 6:00 PM - 7:00 PM - Pre Gala Dinner Reception, Paton College
- 7:00 PM - Gala Dinner , Paton College
- Sunday Aug. 11, 2019, 11 AM – 12:30 PM - Closing Brunch, Capital Steele Hotel, Kenmount Road, Sponsored by Steele Hotels
*Please note, agenda is subject to fine tuning as we get closer to the event date.
Please share this site with any other former housemates you are still connected to and help make this reunion a success.
On behalf of the organizing committee thank you!
Steele Capital Hotel , Kenmout Rd, St. John’s (The Official Hotel of the 2019 Blackall Reunion)
To Book: To secure a special rate of $109.00 + taxes per night including breakfast for 2 people call the hotel at 709- 738-4480 and mention you are looking for the special rate of $109.00 for the Blackall House Reunion. To get the special rate , you must book by July 1, 2019 and it must be booked by calling the number indicated above. You cannot book this rate online.
A block of rooms have been reserved for us at this rate based on first come first served basis.
MUN Blackall House, On Campus. (Yes you can spend 1 or more nights in Blackall House… who would have thought!!)
Go to https://www.mun.ca/stay/book/blackall2019.php to receive the discounted rate of $82.11 per night for up to 2 people per room (all taxes and booking fees included). Once there, you will enter promotion code BLACKALL2019, choose dates and the number of guests. The promotion code only works when you book under the above reservation link and only for accommodation on the nights of August 6-12, 2019.
Payment is due immediately at the time of booking by Visa or MasterCard. On your credit card statement, transaction will be shown under name of SpeedyBooker (this is the company based in London, UK that powers the reservation system).Make sure you review the cancellation policy. It’s different than you are use to when booking a hotel room. To view the cancellation terms please visit https://www.mun.ca/stay/book/terms.php.
A block of rooms have been reserved for us and held till July 1, 2019 based on a first come first served basis. After this date, blocked rooms that are not booked will be released to the general public. It is advisable you book by July 1, 2019.
Thank you for your interest in the 2019 Blackall House Reunion being held Aug 9-11 at MUN St. John’s Campus. To take advantage of early bird discounted ticket pricing please purchase your ticket(s) before June 30, 2019. Tickets will be sold on a first come / first served basis . You are encouraged to purchase tickets sooner than later. Ticket sales will end July 26 , 2019 and cancellations on purchased tickets will be accepted up until July 26, 2019 with refunds returned to your credit card, less a non-refundable 4.5% processing fee.
- General/Alumni - $155 till June 30, 2019 | $175 after June 30, 2019
- Guest - $75 till June 30, 2019 | $85 after June 30, 2019 (ONLY ONE GUEST PER REGISTRANT TO MAXIMIZE THE NUMBER OF ALUMNI WHO CAN ATTEND)
- Friday evening (Aug 9) Registration Meet and Greet at Breezeway Bar. Live music, finger foods and cash bar with discounted prices. Please note, the Breezeway has advised us they will be accepting cash only, no debit cards, no credit cards.
- Saturday (Aug 10) tour and reminisce of Paton College and Blackall House.
- Saturday evening(Aug 10) Gala Dinner at Paton College with sit-down meal and cash bar. Exact location in Paton College will be determined by the number of attendees. Please note the caterer has advised us the bar will be accepting cash only ... no debit cards, no credit cards.
- Sunday morning ( Aug 11) Breakfast / Brunch at Steele Capital Hotel.
- Take away event branded souvenirs (Alumni ticket holder only as it is not applicable to guest ticket)
- All taxes , service charges and gratuities
- Unlimited memories and laughs
CONTACT: Questions and comments for the organizing committee? Email firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also join our Facebook Group by clicking on this link: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1981483902137862/?ref=bookmarks. This is a “closed Facebook group” . Once you click to join , your acceptance may be delayed until our page administrator accepts your request to join. This ensures only past residents of Blackall become members and only members of the group can make and see posts to the page.
REGISTRATION: Ticket sales are now open. Please click on the “CLICK TO REGISTER AND PAY” button below to purchase your ticket. To take advantage of early bird discounted ticket pricing please purchase your ticket(s) by June 30, 2019. Ticket sales will end July 26 , 2019.