Board of Regents
Memorial University’s Board of Regents includes six alumni representatives elected by their peers, the alumni of the university. The alumni representatives who are successfully elected will serve a three-year term from Sept. 1, 2020 to Sept. 1, 2023. To find out more about the Board of Regents alumni election process, please click here.
Sitting on Memorial’s Board of Regents means you are involved with overseeing the management, administration and control of the property, revenue, business and affairs of the university. For Memorial alumni who wish for a more active role in the governance of the university and province, it’s an incredible opportunity to learn more about Memorial’s unique, special obligation to the people of Newfoundland and Labrador.
The Board consists of 30 members as follows:
- three ex-officio members (the Chancellor of the University, the President of the University, and the Vice-President of the University who is the Pro Vice-Chancellor);
- six members elected by the Alumni Association of the University;
- four members who are full-time students of the University;
- seventeen members selected by the Lieutenant-Governor in Council
Become an alumni representative on Memorial University's Board of Regents
An alumni (or alumnus/alumna) is defined as any individual who has received a degree, diploma, post-graduate certificate, or certificate requiring undergraduate or academic admission from Memorial University of Newfoundland including Memorial College, the Marine Institute, Grenfell Campus and all predecessors. In all cases, the program of study must have been approved by the Senate of Memorial University or the Academic Council of the Marine Institute (or their predecessors).
The six alumni representatives who are successfully elected will serve a three-year term.
Here are the important dates for the next election process and term:
• Nominations Winter 2023 (TBD)
• Voting TBD
• Announcement of Elected Candidates TBD
• Term Sept. 1, 2023 - Aug. 31, 2026