Entrepreneurship Training Program
Entrepreneurship Training Program (ETP)
for Graduate Students
2013-2014 ETP Program Participants-Copyright (c) 2014 Memorial University
ETP for Fall 2013 - Winter 2014 is now completed. Please contact Dan Dillon if you have any questions or would like to learn more about the 2014/2015 program.
Memorial University's Entrepreneurship Training Program for Graduate Students has been designed and developed:
- To raise awareness of entrepreneurship and new venture creation as a viable career option among graduate students at Memorial University.
- To nurture stronger communication, analytical, leadership, organizational, and interpersonal skills leading to better integration, success, and employability for all student participants.
- To provide mentorship opportunities for the program participants.
- To foster attitudes and behaviors linked to successful entrepreneurism among graduate students.
Some of the topics introduced over the course of this 16-week program include:
- The business plan
- Innovation and marketing strategy
- Leadership and human resources
- Accounting and taxes in Canada
- Problem solving and self-confidence
- Operations and E-business
Program participants will have an opportunity to participate in a number of interactive presentations and networking sessions. The participants must attend and participate in all of the weekly scheduled sessions on Wednesdays from 10:00 am to 11:30 am in order to complete the certificate requirements. Other presentations/sessions and activities are also available to the ETP participants over the course of the 16-week program.
Admission to Memorial's entrepreneurship training program for graduate students will be through a competitive process that assesses the student applicant and his/her potential to be an entrepreneur. Applicants:
- Must be registered as a full-time graduate student at Memorial University for the Fall 2014 semester and be registering as a full-time graduate student in the Winter 2015 semester.
- Complete and submit the ETP application form along with a one-page statement of interest and agree to be interviewed by the ETP Coordinator.
- Successful candidates will be notified by email.
- Your letter of interest should include a brief bio including your contact information (MUN email address), student number, your business idea, and a description of your business (products/services/target market) and an explanation of why you would like to participate in this program.
2014/2015 ETP Application and Application Submission
Deadline-September 25, 2014.
The Entrepreneurship Training Program is a partnership of Career Development and Experiential Learning, Graduate Studies and the International Centre. For more information please contact the program coordinator Dan Dillon at (709) 864-3202.