Entrepreneurship Training Program
Entrepreneurship Training Program (ETP)
for International Graduate Students
2012-2013 ETP Program Participants
Memorial University's Entrepreneurship Training Program for International Graduate Students has been designed and developed:
- To raise awareness of entrepreneurship and new venture creation as a viable career option among international graduate students at Memorial University.
- To nurture stronger communication, analytical, leadership, organizational, and interpersonal skills leading to better integration, success, and employability for all student participants.
- To provide mentorship opportunities for the program participants.
- To foster attitudes and behaviors linked to successful entrepreneurism among international graduate students.
Some of the topics presented over the course of this 16-week program include:
- The business plan
- Innovation and marketing strategy
- Leadership and human resources
- Accounting and taxes in Canada
- Problem solving and self-confidence
- Operations and E-business
Program participants will have an opportunity to participate in a number of interactive presentations and networking sessions.
Admission to Memorial's entrepreneurship training program for international graduate students will be through a competitive process that assesses the student applicant and his/her potential to be an entrepreneur. Applicants:
- Must be registered as full-time graduate students at Memorial University for the Fall 2013 semester and be returning for the Winter 2014 semester.
- Complete and submit the ETP application form along with a one-page statement of interest and agree to be interviewed by the ETP Coordinator.
- Successful candidates will be notified by email.
- Your letter of interest should include a brief bio including your contact information (MUN email address), student number, your business idea, and a description of your business (products/services/target market) and an explanation of why you would like to participate in this program.
The application form will be available in July 2013. Application deadline will be announced.
Please note that space is limited to 25 participants for this program.
The Entrepreneurship Training Program is a partnership of Career Development and Experiential Learning, Graduate Studies and the International Centre. For more information please contact the program coordinator Dan Dillon at (709) 864-3202.