Curricular Experiential Learning
Service-learning is a credit-bearing educational experience in which students participate in an organized service activity that meets identified community needs. Students have opportunities to reflect on the activity in such a way as to gain further understanding of the course content, a broader appreciation of the discipline, and an enhanced sense of civic responsibility.
CDEL Services may include:
- Initiating contact with community partners
- Assisting with course design and reflective process
- Conducting information sessions and workshops
- Designing project guides
- Providing resources on related topics
- Evaluation of initiatives
- Facilitating reflection sessions in the classroom or at the service site. Our centre has a variety of reflective tools available to best suit the needs of the learner.
Staff members at the Department of Career Development and Experiential Learning are here to work with faculty to integrate experiential service-learning into existing courses.