Scanning Electron Microscope (SEM)
Phenom Pro SEM
The CDRF has a PHENOM Pro Desktop Scanning Electron Microscope available to its users. This is a very easy to use SEM that is well suited for rapid analysis of physical and biological specimens. A cryo-stage is available to freeze wet samples. Tilt and rotate as well as low charge stages are also available. The ProSuite software enables integrated EDS for elemental analysis.
- Magnification range 20-100,000x
- 17 nm resolution
- Full colour navigation camera 20-120x magnification
- Temperature controlled sample holder (-25 °C to +50 °C)
- Motorized tilt rotation sample holder
- Pro Suite software which includes:
- Automated fibre measurement
- 3D image construction
- Automated image collection and mapping
- Integrated elemental identification (EDS) detector
To view a gallery of images captured using the SEM at CDRF, click here.