Radiology Interest Group (RIG)
Objectives of this organization are:
- Enhance radiology education through a scheduled series of lectures, workshops, and
- Promote a greater understanding of the diverse and important roles that radiologists
have in healthcare.
- Stimulate interest in radiology among medical students.
- Provide an opportunity for medical students to explore and make informed decisions about radiology as a career.
- Inform medical students about radiology residency and the CaRMS process.
- Connect medical students interested in radiology or radiology related research with faculty mentors.
Sample workshops in the past include:
Hands on Ultrasound Workshop, Chest X-Ray Medical Student Interpretation Competition, Medical Student Radiology Research Forum, and a variety of teaching including Introduction to Medical Imaging, Emergency/Trauma Radiology, Interventional Radiology, Breast Imaging.