Links and Resources
Research Links for Memorial and Eastern Health
- Most health research conducted at Memorial requires ethics approval. Ethics approval for a project is granted by the provincial Health Research Ethics Authority. Information on the application process is available at hrea.
- All first time applicants to HREA have to provide evidence that they have completed the Tri-Council Policy Statement Tutorial: TCPS 2 Tutorial Course on Research Ethics (CORE) as part of their application. The online course is available here.
- It is recommended that investigators complete a CIHR common CV early in their research career. This CV is required for numerous national funding agencies. Information on the Common CV can be found at https://ccv-cvc.ca
Institutional Approval (Eastern Health)
- All research taking place within Eastern Health will also require approval from their Research Proposals Approval Committee. The link to the RPAC is available at http://www.easternhealth.ca/Professionals
Office of Research
- Before research funds can spent, the project needs to be approved by Memorial University’s Office of Research Services. Information on the ORS process is available at http://www.mun.ca/research/overview
Office of Finance
- Once a project as both ethics and ORS approval, research accounts can be established with the Faculty of Medicine's Office of Finance. Information on the office and what they do is available at
NL SUPPORT UNIT
- Patient-Oriented Research Unit
Quality of Care NL and Choosing Wisely NL
- Maternal Infant Child Youth Research Network
- Canadian Child Health Clinician Scientist Program