To access news releases from Grenfell Campus please click here.
REF NO.: 274
SUBJECT: Media conference on MDcme.ca
DATE: June 1
Note to editors:
Members of the media are invited to attend a news conference at the Faculty of Medicine, Health Sciences Centre, on Wednesday, June 2, 2004 at 10 a.m. The conference will focus on the provincial and national successes of MDcme.ca, a Newfoundland and Labrador-based Web site, developed by Memorial University’s Faculty of Medicine, that offers a broad range of online, accredited courses for Canadian physicians.
MemorialUniversity’s Office of Professional Development, Faculty of Medicine, will host the press conference. Participants include:
- Elizabeth Marshall, minister of Health and Community Services, Government of Newfoundland and Labrador
- Dr. James Rourke, dean, Faculty of Medicine, Memorial University of Newfoundland
- Dr. Sharon Peters, vice-dean, Faculty of Medicine, Memorial University of Newfoundland
- Dr. Susan King, president, Newfoundland and Labrador Medical Association
- Josee Ann Maurais, associate director, medical communications, Pfizer Canada
- Fran Kirby, manager, Office of Professional Development, Faculty of Medicine, Memorial University of Newfoundland.
Time: Wednesday, June 2, 2004 10 a.m.
Place: Main Auditorium, Faculty of Medicine
Memorial University of Newfoundland, St. John’s, Newfoundland
(Reception to follow in medical school foyer)
Parking in Area 27 – $2 entry fee. Metered parking is also available.
- 30 -