Innovation Leaders and Partners
- Dr. Paula Mendonça, director of innovation and entrepreneurship
- Dr. Alex Stewart, chair in entrepreneurship, Faculty of Business Administration
- Dr. Carlos Bazan, engineering chair in entrepreneurship, Faculty of Engineering and Applied Science
- Michelle Simms, president and CEO, Genesis
- Allison Rowe, manager, Navigate Incubator
- Amy Burridge, director (acting), Memorial Centre for Entrepreneurship
- Dr. Gillian Morrissey, manager (acting), Centre for Social Enterprise
- Dr. Neil Bose, vice-president (research)
- Dr. Rob Greenwood, associate vice-president (public engagement and external relations) and director of the Leslie Harris Centre of Regional Policy and Development
Bounce Health Innovation is a St. John’s-based, mini-cluster in medical technology operated by TechNL and other industry partners. Its mission is to accelerate the growth of the health innovation sector in Newfoundland and Labrador, helping it to become the testbed for medical technology innovation in North America.
Springboard a network of industry engagement representatives at 19 post-secondary institutions across Atlantic Canada. Springboard representatives pair organizations looking for R&D support with specialized researchers and provides programing that supports the commercialization of post-secondary research. Springboard representatives can be accessed through Memorial’s TTCO.
CDL-Atlantic is a branch of Creative Destruction Lab, a nonprofit organization that delivers an objectives-based program for massively scalable, seed-stage, science- and technology-based companies.
I-INC is a pan-Canadian, internationally connected network of high-performance university-linked accelerators and incubators. I-INC creates an ecosystem for the efficient commercialization of university-based and science and technology-enabled innovation.
The Ocean Startup Project is a co-funded, pan- Atlantic collaboration that aims to double the number of high-quality, ocean technology startups thriving in Atlantic Canada. This 24-month strategy focuses on funnel development, acceleration and incubation. Its Lab2Market Oceans, led by Memorial, is a seven-week program aimed to inspire graduate students, postdoctoral fellows and their supervisors to look at their research differently. The program gives researchers the entrepreneurial skills needed to assess the commercial viability of their university-based research innovations.