Mohammed Taleb Berrouane
Mohammed completed his Ph.D. at the Institute of Maintenance and Industrial Safety in collaboration with the C-RISE. His Ph.D. research was related to RAMS analysis of process systems with a focus on flare systems in the Oil and Gas Industry.
From 2015, Dr. Mohammed has been involved in teaching and research works at Memorial University and the C-RISE. He is currently working on a multi-institutional project: Managing Microbial Corrosion in Canadian Offshore & Onshore Oil Production Operations.
• Authored and co-authored numerous research and conference papers mainly in the area of process safety, risk, reliability and corrosion modelling;
• Reviewer for several journals and conferences in the area of probabilistic modelling and process safety and reliability engineering
Since 2016, Dr. Mohammed is involved in teaching and tutoring at Memorial University of Newfoundland. He taught the following courses:
ENGI 9411: Probabilistic Methods in Engineering [Advanced Graduate Course]
ENGI 9121: Advanced Safety and Risk Engineering [Graduate Course]
ENGI 9116: Advanced Reliability Engineering [Graduate Course]
ENGI 9115: Safety and Risk Engineering [Graduate and Undergraduate Course]
ENGI 8671: Safety and Risk Engineering [Undergraduate Course]
ENGI 1010: Classroom tutoring for first-year engineering class (150 students)
• R&D project engineer at C-RISE [2018 - Present]
• NACE Newfoundland Chapter, Membership Chair [2019-2020]
• SPE Atlantic Chapter, Program Chair [2019-2020]
• Society of Petroleum Engineers (SPE) - MUN Chapter, Vice-President [2018-2019]
• C-RISE Workshops on Safety and Integrity Management of Operations in Harsh Environments, Organizing Committee Member [2017 and 2019]
• Society of Petroleum Engineers (SPE) - MUN Chapter, Professional Development Chair [2017-2018]
List of publications:
1. Taleb-Berrouane, M., Khan, F., & Amyotte, P. (2020). Bayesian Stochastic Petri Nets (BSPN)-A new modelling tool for dynamic safety and reliability analysis. Reliability Engineering & System Safety, 193, 106587.
2. Yang, R., Khan, F., Taleb-Berrouane, M., & Kong, D. (2019). A time-dependent probabilistic model for fire accident analysis. Fire Safety Journal, 102891.
3. Kabir, S., Taleb-Berrouane, M., & Papadopoulos, Y. (2019). Dynamic reliability assessment of flare systems by combining fault tree analysis and Bayesian networks. Energy Sources, Part A: Recovery, Utilization, and Environmental Effects, 1-18.
4. Kamil, M. Z., Taleb-Berrouane, M., Khan, F., & Ahmed, S. (2019). Dynamic domino effect risk assessment using Petri-nets. Process Safety and Environmental Protection, 124, 308-316.
5. Taleb-Berrouane, M., Khan, F., Hawboldt, K., Eckert, R., & Skovhus, T. L. (2019). Predicting Sessile Microorganism Populations in Oil and Gas Gathering and Transmission Facilities. ISMOS 7 - 7th International Symposium on Applied Microbiology and Molecular Biology in Oil Systems – Halifax NS, Canada
6. Kamil, M. Z., Taleb-Berrouane, M.(2019). Risk-Based Maintenance Model of a Marine Vessel. 21st Annual Aldrich Conference - St. John's, Newfoundland, Canada
7. Taleb-Berrouane, M., Khan, F., Hawboldt, K., Eckert, R., & Skovhus, T. L. (2018). Model for microbiologically influenced corrosion potential assessment for the oil and gas industry. Corrosion Engineering, Science and Technology, 1-15.
8. Taleb-Berrouane, M., Khan, F. (2018). Development of MIC Risk Index for Process Operations. C-RISE & geno-MIC Workshop & Symposium. St John’s NL – Canada.
9. Taleb-Berrouane, M., Imtiaz, S., Khan, F. (2018). Internal Corrosion Monitoring in the Crude Oil Pipelines. 20th Annual Aldrich Conference. Memorial University of Newfoundland. St John’s NL – Canada.
10. Deyab, S. M., Taleb-Berrouane, M., Khan, F., & Yang, M. (2018). Failure analysis of the offshore process component considering causation dependence. Process Safety and Environmental Protection, 113, 220-232.
11. Taleb-Berrouane, M., Sterrahmane, A., Mehdaoui, D., Lounis, Z. (2018). Emergency Response Plan Assessment Using Bayesian Belief Networks. 3rd Workshop and Symposium on Safety and Integrity Management of Operations in Harsh Environments (C-RISE 3). St John’s NL – Canada.
12. Taleb-Berrouane, M., Khan, F., & Lounis, Z. (2016). Availability analysis of safety critical systems using advanced fault tree and stochastic Petri net formalisms. Journal of Loss Prevention in the Process Industries, 44, 193-203.
13. Taleb-Berrouane, M., Lounis, Z. (2016). Safety Assessment of Flare System by Fault Tree Analysis. Journal of Chemical Technology and Metallurgy. 51-2: 229-234.
14. M. Taleb-Berrouane., Z. Lounis. (2016). Risk Assessment Indicators of Process Systems By Using Bwo-Tie Method. Colloque National Maintenance - Qualité CNMQ-16.
15. Z. lounis, F. Benomar, M. Taleb-Berrouane. (2016). Hazard Study of Underground Gas Storage Tanks Using Method MAD'S MOZAR. Colloque National Maintenance - Qualité CNMQ-16.
16. M. Taleb-Berrouane., Z. Lounis. (2015). Safety Performances Assessment of a LNG Flare System. Colloque International sur l’Environnement et le Développement Durable.
17. M. Taleb-Berrouane., Z. Lounis. (2015). Using Fault Tree Analysis in Probabilistic Safety Assessment. Sixièmes Journées de Chimie - Polytechnic Military School - Algeria.
18. F. Benomar., M. Taleb-Berrouane, Z. Lounis. (2015). Les enjeux de la cyber sécurité des systèmes industriels (In French).1ère Conférence Internationale sur la Sûreté Interne d’Etablissement (CISIE’1-2015). IHSI- UNIVERSITE DE BATNA, Algérie.
19. M. Taleb-Berrouane., Z. Lounis., (2014). Etude & Simulation Du Phénomène De B.L.E.V.E Sur Un Réservoir De Stockage D’ammoniac (In French). International Conference on Engineering of Industrial Safety and Environment.
Google Scholar: https://scholar.google.ca/citations?user=UG5QcOAAAAAJ&hl=en
Publons (reviewer profile): https://publons.com/author/1496848/mohammed-taleb-berrouane