Mohammad Islam Miah
Mohammad Islam Miah is a research student (Ph.D. candidate in Oil and Gas Engineering) under supervision of Dr. Salim Ahmed and Co-supervision of Dr. Sohrab Zendehboudi. He earned his B.Sc. (Petroleum and Mining Engineering) and M.Eng. (Petroleum Engineering) degree from SUST and BUET, respectively. He is a faculty member of Petroleum and Mining Engineering (PME) department at Chittagong University of Engineering and Technology (CUET), Bangladesh since 2012. He has more than 20 research articles in the areas of Oil and Gas Engineering. Currently, Miah is doing his Ph.D. research on “Integrated Reservoir Characterization”. He has been an active member of societies/unions including SPE & EAGE Student Chapter. Currently, Miah is servicing as an Executive Director-Finance (2018-2019) of GSU, MUN. Besides, he involves in several volunteer works at MUN Community.
Integrated Reservoir Characterization; Core Flooding & EOR; Reservoir Engineering & Simulation; Safety in Drilling Operations & Production; Coal Mining
- Miah, M.I., Ahmed, S., and S, Zendehboudi, (2018). Information Theoretic Measures for Reservoir Characterization, 68th Canadian Chemical Engineering Conference, October 28-31, 2018. (Abstract)
- Miah, M.I., Elhaj, M.A., Ahmed, S., and Hossain, M.E., (2018). Modeling of Temperature Distribution and Oil Displacement during Thermal Recovery in Porous Media: A Critical Review, FUEL Journal. Volume 226, 15 August 2018, Pages 423-440 (IF 4.6, 2018)
- Miah, M.I., Khan, I.M., Fouzia, J., and Hossain, M.E. (2017). Wireline Log Based Assessment of Shale Volume and Porosity: A Case Study, International Conference on Mechanical Engineering and Renewable Energy 2017, 18 – 20 December, Chittagong, Bangladesh.
- Miah, M. I., Deb, P. K., Rahman, M. S., & Hossain, M. E. (2017). Application of Memory Concept on Petroleum Reservoir Characterization: A Critical Review. Society of Petroleum Engineers. doi:10.2118/187676-MS
- Kommineni, M., Kavanamani, R., Kurupati, A., Cherian, T. T., Aborig, A. M., Hossain, M., Miah, M. I. (2017). Effect of Varying Permeability on Inflow Performance Curve of Gas Reservoirs. Society of Petroleum Engineers. doi:10.2118/185351-MS
- Rahman, M. S., Miah, M. I., Akter, F. and Hossain, M. E. (2016). Revisiting Reservoir Fluid Properties with Memory Concept, International Conference on Petroleum Engineering 2016, 31 December, BUET.
- Rahman, M. S., Miah, M. I., Rahman, M. Ahmed, S. and Hossain, M. E., (2016). PVT Properties of Heavy Oil-A Critical Review, ICPE 2016, 31 December, BUET, Bangladesh.