I am currently enrolled in Master of Engineering in Oil and Gas. I graduated from University of Moratuwa, Sri Lanka, with B.Sc. (Hons) in mechanical engineering. My research focuses on Hydrate formation in natural gas pipelines and Winterization requirements to avoid hydrate formation in North harsh environments, under the supervision of Dr. Faisal Khan.
Computational Fluid Dynamics, Probabilistic risk assessment, Winterization
• Dinesh Herath, Faisal Khan, Samith Rathnayaka, Aziz Rahman, ‘Probabilistic Estimation of Hydrate Formation”, SPE Economics and Management (under-review)
• Dinesh Herath, Samith Rathnayaka, Aziz Rahman, Faisal Khan, ‘Multiphase Hydrate Induction Experiment in a Subsea Pipeline’, ASME 2015 34th International Conference on Ocean, Offshore and Arctic Engineering (Accepted)
• Herath, H.M.D.B.; Amarasinghe, Y.W.R.; Piyasena, R.S.V.; Dao, Dzung; Prasanna, P.P.G.C.; Mann, George, "RFID assisted Flexible Manufacturing System," Sensing Technology (ICST), 2013 Seventh International Conference on, pp.483,489
• H.M.D.B.Herath, T.G.P.Priyadarshana, H.M.D.P.Wijethunge ‘Numerical Simulation of Vortex Induced Vibration for River Flow Energy Harvesting’, 2013 IEEE 8th International Conference on Industrial and Information Systems (Accepted)
• H.M.D.B. Herath, R.S.V.Piyasena, P.P.G.C.Prasanna, Y.W.R.Amarasinghe, ‘RFID Assisted Smart Conveyor System with Industrial Robot Hand’, National Engineering Conference 2012, 18th ERU Symposium (pages 96-101)