Grow Your Skills
It is important to reflect on and grow your essential skills through your academic degree. Continued learning and development helps you to identify your strengths and determine exactly what skills you need to improve to ensure well-rounded success.
Practice your communication and presentation skills.
- See Workshops and Events to register for sessions such as 'Communicating Effectively in a Professional Setting'
- Attend Memorial Toastmasters meetings for practical experience on presenting
- Learn how to develop effective presentation skills
Learn how to lead and mentor.
- Consider Memorial's various leadership programs and opportunities
- Volunteer to be a mentor for the MUN Mentors Program
- Learn how to be a great leader with this series of TED Talks
Develop your teaching skills.
- Register for the Teaching Skills Enhancement Program to build confidence and learn more about effective teaching methods
- Learn how to prepare your teaching philosophy and teaching dossier
- See Workshops & Events to register for sessions such as 'Four Things to Consider for Graduate Student Teaching'