The Honours Program in Computer Science is designed for high achieving students who would like to concentrate their studies or pursue graduate work.
To be eligible for admission, students must have completed all Computer Science core courses (Computer Science 1001, 1002, 1003, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, and 2008) and obtained in these courses a grade of "B" or better, or an average of 75% or higher. Students who fulfill the eligibility requirements compete for a limited number of available spaces. Selection is based on academic performance in the required courses.
Students who wish to be admitted to this program in Fall semester must complete an Application for Honours Program Form by June 1st and submit it to the department at email@example.com. In special circumstances, students may be admitted to program at times other than June.
Required Courses to Complete the Honours
- Sixty-three credit hours in Computer Science courses are required for the Honours Degree in Computer Science, including:
- Computer Science 1001, 1002, 1003, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, and 4780.
- Fifteen additional credit hours at the 4000 level.
- Eighteen additional credit hours in computer science at the 3000 level or beyond.
- Mathematics 1000, 1001, 2000, 2050, and Statistics 2500 or 2550.
In addition to the set of required courses, students are encouraged to take Mathematics 3000 and Statistics 2560.
Page last updated May 24th 2021