We're a campus-wide centre of Memorial University that provides inspiration, guidance, resources and an entrepreneurial community to undergraduate and graduate students.
The MCE is the starting point for any Memorial University student, faculty or staff member interested in entrepreneurship.
“To help Memorial University to become the leading entrepreneurial university in Canada”.
We have three core mandates:
1. Inspire pre-entrepreneurs to try entrepreneurship and create opportunities to involve them in entrepreneurial initiatives and communities.
2. Invest in the entrepreneurs’ early-stage growth and connect them with the right resources at the right time. This includes complementing the work being done by the Genesis Centre and other organizations on the incubation of start-ups in the province.
3. Co-create a more attractive province for entrepreneurs with other stakeholders in the entrepreneurial ecosystem of Newfoundland and Labrador.
All our actions follow five core guiding principles:
1. Serve entrepreneurs first;
2. Co-create programs and initiatives with other organizations;
3. Constantly address ecosystem gaps;
4. Use what is available first and transcend it when necessary;
5. Use an entrepreneurial approach in all our initiatives.