What do the following research projects have in common:
- The role of nature in health and physical activity
- Walkability, urban sprawl, and public transit accessibility
- Exploring positive athlete-official interactions in youth sport
- Because work shouldn’t hurt: Ergonomic hazard and risk assessment tools to appraise work-related risk factors for fishing vessel safety
- Learning and Forgetting in Extreme Environments
They are all part of our diverse research program here at the School of Human Kinetics and Recreation at Memorial University. Our faculty, staff and students conduct innovative research with outcomes to transform and enrich lives. The collaborative approach of our research strives to engage researchers, professionals, and organizations both locally and around the globe. Our research impacts rehabilitation, sport performance, education and healthy active living while contributing to public awareness of physical activity, leisure and wellness of individuals, communities and societies.