Dean's List Criteria
6.10 Dean's and Vice-President's List
6.10.1 General Information
Memorial University of Newfoundland acknowledges the academic success of its students in various ways. One of these is by naming students to the appropriate dean's or vice-president's list. Annually, every academic unit will name to its list a maximum of 10% of its students, selected on the basis of academic performance in the nominating period.
6.10.2 Procedure and Criteria
1. At the end of the Winter semester, academic units will nominate students to the appropriate list based on academic performance in the three preceding semesters, Spring, Fall, and Winter.
2. Students on the dean's and vice-president's list will be selected based on the following minimum criteria:
• The student must have obtained a grade point average of at least 3.5 in the credit hours completed in the preceding Spring, Fall, and Winter semesters.
• The student must have attended full-time in at least two of the three preceding semesters.
• The student must have successfully completed at least 27 credit hours over the preceding Spring, Fall, and Winter semesters, although an academic unit may require that the 27 credit hours be completed in any two of the three preceding semesters.
• In consideration of specific program requirements, individual academic units may include students who have successfully completed, over the three preceding semesters, a course load other than 27 credit hours, but which is consistent with the course load defined by the program.
3. A notation will be placed on the student's transcript indicating that the student has been named to the dean's or vice-president's list.