Professional Development Information
Building Professional Negotiation Skills
Learn techniques to strengthen your negotiation position, acquire better deals and contracts, and enhance stakeholder relationships.
Building Professional Negotiating Skills develops critical management skills for negotiating contracts, sales deals, and agreements in todays competitive world. This seminar will increase your confidence as a negotiator by teaching you how to arrive at win-win solutions while achieving mutual business gain. Participants will learn practical skills: strategies and tactics to plan for negotiation, set outcome objectives, overcome roadblocks, and build lasting relationships. This seminar will make extensive use of negotiation exercises, requiring pre-reading of materials prior to day 1 and evening preparation for day 2.
- Strategies and tactics for planning negotiations
- Developing targets, openings, alternatives, and resistance points
- Learning and understanding personal negotiation style
- How to frame and present offers, and how respond
- Understanding anchors, concessions, and commitments
- Common pitfalls in negotiations and how to respond to them
- Maximizing the value of agreements
This is a module in the Influence, Negotiation, and Conflict Management Program.
-Great experience overall, cant wait to practice what I have learned.
- Very eye opening. A great opportunity to develop skills you thought you had.
- A tremendous amount of information, presented in a very engaging and concise way in a short amount of time.
Continuing Education Contact Hours: 14
- Learn a framework for negotiations
- Understand the importance of preparation for negotiating
- Learn practical negotiating tools and strategies
- Improve conflict resolution
- Understand the value of relating to the other sides goals
- Learn the importance of joint value creation
- Build management team effectiveness in negotiating
- Establish a consistent approach for negotiating contracts
- Help improve employee relations
- Build a collaborative team environment
- Introduce strategies to help improve the organizations ability to reach winning solutions
Who Should Attend
Managers and professionals involved in negotiating contracts and agreements in such areas as sales, procurement, and business management.