All access to C-CART instrumentation is through our Windows domain, to which only registered users are granted access. For this reason, access to data is restricted to the user who collected it, by default. Data for most of our instruments are automatically saved on our data server, while the remainder are backed up to this server nightly. This data server is then backed up to a separate location. Note that our data server is not externally visible, and thus can only be accessed from within the MUN firewall (and not on STU network).
Despite our preventative measures to protect against data loss, accidents can still happen. We advise all users to regularly copy their data to their personal computer using the method described below. Please note that C-CART has a strict "no USB key" policy.
In any case, if you are using a shared computer, remember to disconnect the network connection when you are done!
C-CART made the acquisition of a campus license for Mnova Suite for NMR and MS data processing. All you have to do is to follow the instructions below and have a CCART account. You will be able to download the software on your own laptop and use it anywhere, even off campus.
For more information on their functionalities and installation, please visit MestreLab website
The Mnova suite is a very comprehensive tool for chemists. Here is a non-exhaustive list of its features:
To install Mnova on your computer:
1. Find the license folder here: \\armarium.creait.mun.ca\ccart\Mnova
2. Save the licenses you need (MS, NMR, qNMR, RM or NMRpredict) on your computer
3. Download the latest version (14.1.0) of the software here
4. Run Mnova
5. Go to ‘Help/Get-Install’ menu and click on ‘Install’ button (‘Help/Evaluate-Buy’ and click on ‘Activate’) then navigate to the license file and double click on it.
6. The application is activated.
For qNMR and RM plugins, download from the website and drag into Mnova suite.
We will be happy to answer any of your questions.