Partnerships to Access Learning
ISBN: 0-88901-309-8Partnerships to Access Learning is designed to increase awareness about specific disabilities. It provides practical information on how students, faculty, and service providers can work together to make appropriate academic accommodations. This approach supports the philosophy of fostering independence in individual learners, as well as flexibility in institutional policies and procedures to ensure academic standards. It covers a wide variety of topics, including disclosure of a disability, evaluation accommodations, guidelines for using audio-visual aids, guidelines for laboratory settings, campus physical accessibility, financial assistance, and adaptive technology. While this book was prepared primarily for students, faculty, and service providers of Memorial University, its usefulness extends to the larger community.
This book is:
- An excellent resource for students with disabilities, faculty, and service providers
- A guide to teach self-advocacy skills to students with disabilities
- A valuable resource for high school students planning to attend college or university
- An excellent resource for teachers, guidance counsellors, and parents working with transitioning students
- Available in alternative formats upon request
Cost: $37.25 + GST @ 7% and shipping & handling
To order a copy of this book, please contact the Memorial University Bookstore or the Blundon Centre.