Memorial's Duty to Accommodate
What are Memorial University's responsibilities?
The university is responsible for:
- Providing reasonable accommodation up to the point of undue hardship
- Providing information to students with disabilities
- Providing referrals to additional services and agencies
- Handling information about a student’s disability in a confidential manner
- Providing advice to units when students are unable to disclose the need for accommodation
- Considering admission without discrimination
- Providing accommodation without compromising academic integrity
- Providing guidance and assistance to those engaged in off-campus courses and programs
- Providing a social and physical environment that is diverse, inclusive and accessible
What resources are available on campus?
Campus co-ordinating centres promote awareness and provide advice, information and assistance with respect to accommodation in collaboration with the university community. The centres also provide training and education, as well as review documentation respecting accommodations.