1. How do I book an appointment?
To book an appointment you can either call the SWCC at (709) 864-8500, visit UC-5000 (5th floor, University Centre) or login to HealthMyself - Patient Portal (Physician or Nursing Appointments).
2. What if I am unable to attend an appointment?
We ask that you notify us at least 8 hours before your appointment if you need to cancel or reschedule so that other students waiting to be seen can be accommodated. Appointments can be cancelled by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or via HealthMyself - Patient Portal. Both methods are time-stamped and available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Failure to provide sufficient notice or you are late to an appointment will result in a charge to you. A fee of $30 will be charged to your student account which may result in transcripts and/or registration being withheld pending payment.
Any questions about missed appointment charges should be directed to the Student Wellness and Counselling Centre at (709) 864-8500. Urgent and compelling extenuating circumstances affecting your ability to provide the required notice may be considered at the Centre’s discretion.
3. What if I need help when the Centre is closed?
Should you need to see a physician, walk in clinic MAY be available at: The Blackmarsh Road Family Care Centre, located in the Blackmarsh Road Dominion Supermarket. Call (709) 576-6555. In case of EMERGENCY, please call 911 or go to the emergency department of the nearest hospital.
Students with urgent mental health concerns should avail of the following community based services:
- 24-hour mental health crisis line: (709) 737-4668 (local) or 1-888-737-4668 (province-wide).
- Mobile Crisis Response Team: 1-888-737-4668 St. John’s Region.
- 24 hour Walk-in Psychiatric Assessment Unit at the Waterford Hospital Site on Waterford Bridge Road: (709) 777-3021 or (709) 777-3022.
- Health Sciences Emergency Department on Columbus Drive in St. John’s (709) 777-6335.