Macpherson College opened in 2015 and is comprised of two wings: Cluett Hall and Shiwak Hall. Each hall is home to 250 students. These buildings are best suited for more independent students in their second year and beyond. Rooms in these buildings are suite-style and consist of private bedrooms with semi-private washrooms, and each floor includes a community lounge and meeting and/or study space. Accessible rooms are available in both Shiwak Hall and Cluett Hall. Meal plans are mandatory in Macpherson College.
$2,591 CAD, per semester
Mandatory Meal Plan
TBA, for Fall 2021
TBA, for Winter 2022
Double Suite: Shared by two students, each with their own private bedroom containing a twin-sized bed. Each bedroom comes equipped with a desk, shelving and a closet. There is a private washroom and shower in each suite shared only by the two occupants.
Single Suite: Occupied by one student. Single suites have either a twin-sized bed or a double bed. Each bedroom comes equipped with a desk, shelving and a closet. There is a private washroom and shower in each suite. These suites are typically reserved for accommodation/assessible suite requests.
The amenities in Macpherson College buildings include:
- High speed internet and WiFi
- Main dining hall
- Fully furnished rooms
- Semi-private washrooms
- Laundry rooms in each building
- 24/7 security
- Swipe card access to the building
- Lounge on each floor
- Study rooms
- A twin bed measuring 39” x 80”
- Designated fridge space of 24” wide by 38” deep.
- TV mount that fits a 32 inch screen. Plasma screens are not permitted.
The floorplan below is a typical layout of suites in Cluett and Skiwak Hall. Each floor also contains a community lounge and meeting and/or study space.
What should I bring?
The following is a list of suggested items to bring with you when you live in Macpherson College.
- Toilet paper
- Shower curtain and hoops
- Clothes hangers
- Cleaning supplies - rubber gloves, cleaning rags, all-purpose cleaner, laundry detergent, dryer sheets, paper towel, broom, mop and bucket, toliet brush, toilet plunger
- Room decor
- Mini fridge
- A cup, plate, fork, bowl for quick snacks
- Garbage can
- Laundry basket
- Iron and ironing board
- Power bar with surge protector
- Flashlight and batteries
- School supplies
- Warm clothes
- Water resistant jacket
It is recommended to coordinate with your roommates before purchasing larger items in order to avoid duplication.