Applying - Families
Memorial University has dedicated residence space for families in Burton’s Pond Apartments. Our family accommodations are reserved for:
- An adult couple in a common-law relationship as defined by the Government of Newfoundland and Labrador, or an adult married couple, with or without children under the age of 18. One adult in the couple must be a full time student at Memorial University, the Marine Institute, or the College of the North Atlantic.
- A single, full time student at Memorial University, the Marine Institute, or the College of the North Atlantic, living with children under the age of 18.
To apply for our family accommodations for the first time:
- Receive your provisional (early) acceptance*. If you have not yet been accepted, apply to study at Memorial University of Newfoundland and submit required documentation.
- Receive your admission decision email.
- Activate your MUN Login. You will need this to access a number of student services.
- Complete your student residence application using your MUN login and pay the $40 application fee.
- You will receive an email with an offer of accommodations from Student Residences staff.
- Pay your $500 confirmation fee. This fee is credited towards your residence fees.
Families living in our residences do not need to reapply for residence or move out in between semesters. Families may remain in residence as long as a student is currently registered for courses in an upcoming semester.