Burton's Pond Apartments
Burton's Pond apartments consists of five apartment-style residences surrounding one side of Burton's Pond. Each of the five 'Courts' is home to approximately 32 apartments and provides a high level of independence for individual residents.
Renovations will be starting in Burton's Pond Apartments through the 2021 spring semester. While this will decrease the number of individual students per apartment we hope that the newly renovated spaces will better meet the housing needs of our students. As of fall 2021, each apartment (regardless if it has yet been renovated) will be limited to two individual students. This will allow each student an office/study space, a private bedroom and a shared kitchen, living room and washroom. All apartments are fully furnished.
Burton's Pond Apartments are just a short walk from academic buildings and the campus tunnel and sky walk system. Accessible apartments are available in Cartier Court. Meal plans are not mandatory but are available.
$2,408 CAD, per semester
Renovated apartments will have two private bedrooms and two private office/study spaces. Not all buildings will be complete in 2021. Apartments in buildings not yet renovated will see two of the four private bedrooms allocated as study/office space for occupants.
Single Room: A private bedroom within a four bedroom apartment. Each single room contains a twin-sized bed, storage drawers, a desk and closet/ Washroom, kitchen and living room are shared among roomates in the apartment.
The amenities in Burton’s Pond Apartments buildings include:
- High speed internet and WiFi
- Fully furnished rooms
- Semi-private washrooms
- Laundry facilities
- 24/7 security
- Swipe card access to the building
- Living room space in each apartment
- Shared kitchen in each apartment
Each bedroom is provided with the following:
- A single bed measuring 39” x 80”
- Storage drawers
- Shelving and desk
Every living area is equipped with the following:
- Cutting board
- 2, two-seat couches
- 2 lamps
- Coffee table
- 2 end tables
- Kitchen table
- 4 kitchen chairs
The floorplan below is a typical layout of the apartments within Burton's Pond.
What should I bring?
The following is a list of suggested items to bring with you when you live in Burton's Pond.
- Clothes hangers
- Cleaning supplies - rubber gloves, cleaning rags, all-purpose cleaner, laundry detergent, dryer sheets, paper towel, broom, mop and bucket, toilet brush, toilet plunger, oven cleaner, dish soap, dish scrubber
- Kitchen supplies - cups, dishes, storage containers, toaster, blender, microwave, coffee maker, utensils, baking sheets, pots, pans, bowls, kitchen knives, measuring cups, oven mitts, tin foil, plastic wrap, garbage bags, hand and dish towels, sponges, can opener, sissors, cookbook(s), tablecloth, dish rack, placemats, garbage can
- Room decor
- Laundry basket
- Iron and ironing board
- Power bar with surge protector
- Flashlight and batteries
- School supplies
- Warm clothes
- Water resistant jacket
It is recommended to coordinate with your roommates before purchasing larger items in order to avoid duplication.