Postdoctoral Fellows Orientation
Every year, the School of Graduate Studies hosts an Orientation event for new Postdoctoral Fellows (appointed within the past 12 months). The Orientation includes presentations on academic and service matters that help with the transition to life as a Postdoc at Memorial. The Orientation is also an important opportunity for Postdocs to network and form friendships with peers.
9:00 a.m.-9:10 a.m.
9:10 a.m.-9:20 a.m.
9:20 a.m.-9:40 a.m.
Tips for succeeding as a Memorial University Postdoc (Current Postdoc)
9:40 a.m.-10:00 a.m.
Introduction to LUMUN
10:00 a.m.-10:20 a.m.
Introduction to Faculty Relations
10:20 a.m.-10:40 a.m.
Human Resources Benefits
10:40 a.m.-11:00 a.m.
Research Grant & Contract Services
11:00 a.m.-11:30 a.m.
Q&A, closing remarks, wrap-up
Master of Ceremonies/Greetings:
- Dr. Aimée Surprenant, Associate Vice-President (Academic) and Dean of Graduate Studies
- Dr. Ray Gosine is Associate Vice-President (Research)
- Current Postdoc
- Dr. Katie Wadden, CIHR Postdoctoral Fellow, Faculty of Medicine
- Lecturers' Union of Memorial University of Newfoundland (LUMUN)
- Mr. Gil Shalev, Vice President, LUMUN
- Faculty Relations
- Mr. Ian McKinnon, Associate Director (Acting), Office of Faculty Relations
- Human Resources
- Mr. Glen Roberts, Manager, Benefits, Pensions and Compensation, Department of Human Resources
- Research Grant and Contract Services
- Mr. David Miller, Director, Research Grant and Contract Services