Postdoctoral Fellows Orientation
Every year, the School of Graduate Studies hosts an Orientation event for new Postdoctoral Fellows (appointed within the past 12 months). The Orientation includes a lunch as well as presentations on academic and service matters that help with the transition to life as a Postdoc and on Memorial’s campus. The Orientation is also an important opportunity for Postdocs to network and form friendships with peers.
11:00 a.m.-11:15 a.m.
11:15 a.m.-11:20 a.m.
11:20 a.m.-11:25 a.m.
11:25 a.m.-11:45 a.m.
Tips for succeeding as a Memorial University Postdoc (Current Postdoc)
11:45 a.m.-12:00 p.m.
Introduction to LUMUN
12:00 p.m.-12:30 p.m.
12:30 p.m.-12:50 p.m.
Introduction to Faculty Relations
12:50 p.m.-1:10 p.m.
Human Resources Benefits
1:10 p.m.-1:30 p.m.
Research Grant & Contract Services
1:30 p.m.-2:00 p.m.
Q&A, closing remarks, wrap-up
Master of Ceremonies/Greetings:
- Dr. Aimée Surprenant, Associate Vice-President (Academic) and Dean of Graduate Studies
- Dr. Max Liboiron, Interim Associate Vice-President (Indigenous Research)
- Current Postdoc
- Michael King, PhD, Post-doctoral Fellow, Marine Institute, Memorial University
and Honorary Research Associate, University of Cape Town, South Africa
- Lecturers' Union of Memorial University of Newfoundland (LUMUN)
- Dr. Bui Petersen, LUMUN
- Faculty Relations
- Ian McKinnon, Associate Director (Acting), Office of Faculty Relations
- Human Resources
- Glen Roberts, Manager, Benefits, Pensions and Compensation, Department of Human Resources
- Research Grant and Contract Services
- David Miller, Director, Research Grant and Contract Services