Professional Development Information
Training the Trainer
Learn the process for creating training programs that are relevant, effective and maximize the transfer of knowledge.
Training is one of the most important ways to improve performance and efficiencies in the workplace. A successful training program conveys information in a way that is retained and can be applied by the learner. This three-day Training the Trainer program provides you with a comprehensive understanding of the entire training process. Using evidenced-based practices, participants will gain the knowledge, skills, and tools required to assess training needs, design effective training, and evaluate training programs that will maximize the transfer and application of knowledge.
- Understand the principles of adult learning and how to integrate these into your programs
- Learn how to assess organizational training needs
- Learn how different learning styles impact the training approach
- Enhance your proficiency in moving from the training needs assessment to determining appropriate delivery options
- Maximize transfer from training to application in the workplace
- Evaluate the effectiveness of training programs
For those who would like to expand their skills in delivering training programs beyond this seminar, the following are recommended:
- Presentation Skills: Speaking With Confidence
- Facilitation Skills Training: Getting the Most out of Group Discussions
- Gain confidence in the quality and effectiveness of your training programs
- Understand the methodology for planning and delivering successful training programs
- Gain skills related to appropriate methods of training evaluation
- Promote knowledge transfer among employees and teams
- Use training to contribute to successful succession planning
Who Should Attend
New trainers, training coordinators, managers or supervisors who recognize their responsibility in training assessment, design, implementation, evaluation and/or delivery.