Professional Development Information
Fundamentals of Project Management
Learn the basic principles of project management and the structure that every successful project needs.
Fundamentals of Project Management teaches how to turn a good idea into a project which can be planned, managed and executed. The seminar teaches the essential processes and components of project management and reviews the concepts of deliverables, scope, resource planning and estimating, scheduling, stakeholder analysis, risk assessment and communications planning among others. Participants will also learn how to initiate and close projects and the importance of project integration and documentation.
This is a core module in the Public Sector Leadership and Management Development Program.
Who Should Attend
This seminar is appropriate for anyone new to project management, anyone who works in a project-based environment or those who require formal project management training.
Enhance your project management competencies through professional development in:
- Project definition and success criteria
- Common project challenges
- How to think like a project manager
- Linking your project to a sound business case
- Assessing the nature of a project and its environment
- Developing a project plan which can be managed and executed
- Managing stakeholder expectations
- Managing a team
- Project initiation and closure
Continuing Education Contact Hours: 14
Past Participants Said
"Excellent Instruction and course materials. The frequent activities are fantastic at reinforcing the concepts."
-Jason Newell, Geoscience Data Analyst - Canada - NL Offshore Petroleum Board
"Comming in I didn't know what to expect, but I can certainly say that through the 2-day delivery of Fundamentals of Project Management I have gained excellent knowledge to bring back to my work."
- Curtis McGrath, Senior Global Account Executive - Intelisys Aviation Systems
"Fundamentals of Project Management was well presented and organized. It was an informative overview of the concepts of project management. I am sure I will be able to use the concepts in both my private and working life."
- Lin Greenham, Training Specialist - The Salvation Army