Cybersecurity for Managers
Inquire below for future program dates.
Learn how to prepare, detect, and respond to modern cyber-attacks and how to help safeguard your business operations.
Cyber risk is a business risk that has grown significantly in recent years. Organizations do not get to choose if they are the target of cyber-attacks, such as a Ransomware campaign, and are often left vulnerable. This two-day application based course will prepare your business to mitigate the risk of cyber-attacks and to implement modern cyber-attack defense practices and techniques. Participants will also discover how to hire, retain, and manage a security team.
- Introduction to cybersecurity
- Cybersecurity controls and defense in depth
- Building and measuring a cybersecurity awareness program
- Vulnerability management, patching and threat intelligence
- Cyber-attacks and hacking techniques
- Cyber incident response plans and execution
- Building and managing cybersecurity teams for modern active defense
- Cybersecurity metrics and presenting to the board
Key Learning Outcomes
- Recognize modern cyber threats, technology trends, and risk reduction.
- Practice management actions for a strong cyber security program.
- Assess strategies for hiring, retaining, and managing a security team.
- Navigate through a cyber-attack to prepare for potential, real attacks.
- Obtain and report meaningful metrics and reporting capabilities.
Past Participants Said
"Extremely knowledgeable instructor who used language that matched the participants. Also provides extensive real world content for applying right away." - Fall 2022 Participant
Course Endorsements & Partnerships
This course has been endorsed by techNL as a valuable professional development option for member organizations.
This course qualifies for Professional Development Units (PDUs) as defined by the Project Management Institute (PMI).
Each course has a specific qualifying factor for PDUs. See the table below for a specific PDU breakdown for this Gardiner Center program.
To learn more about PDUs and how to apply these credits to your active credential please see www.pmi.org.
Talent Triangle Allocations
Qualifying PDU Hours
Ways of Working
Continuing Education Contact Hours: 14