Certificate Program Info
Directors Education Program
The Directors Education Program (DEP), jointly developed by the Institute of Corporate Directors and the University of Torontos Rotman School of Management, is offered nationally at Canadas top business schools.
Since the launch of the DEP, over 3,800 directors have completed the program, taking the first step towards acquiring their ICD.D designation.
Directors are continually challenged by information gaps, time squeezes and the behavioural dynamics that can be encountered in the boardroom. The ICD-Rotman DEP has been specifically designed to help experienced directors overcome these challenges by introducing activities and processes that assist them in fulfilling their role.
Complemented by some of Canadas most accomplished and highly respected directors-in-residence, this 12-day course is taught by leading governance experts delivered in four three-day modules. The program offers experiential learning through breakouts and board simulations tailored to meet the needs of directors from corporate, Crown, co-operative and large not-for-profit organizations.
- The DEP is the only program of its kind in Canada that bears the seal of the director community itself.
- DEP Alumni are part of a national network of 3,800 directors and almost 12,000 ICD members across Canada.
- A dynamic learning environment rich with peer-to-peer insights, director dilemmas, board and committee simulations, and case studies.
- Acclaimed faculty - taught by national and local academics, seasoned directors and leading governance experts.
- Offers expanded networking opportunities with the highest level of professionals locally and nationally.
- Flexible scheduling - modules may be taken in any of the nine cities where the DEP is offered.
- First step towards the ICD.D designation upon completion of a written examination and a board meeting simulation chaired and vice-chaired by some of Canada's most senior directors.
- Non-members of the ICD receive a complimentary one-year membership upon application.
- The ICD is a founding member of the Global Network of Director Institutes, opening the door to the global director community.