COMP 3100: Web Programming
This course would be of interest to students who want to design web applications.
Availability: This course is usually offered once per year, in Fall or Winter.
This course studies the web information system from a programming perspective. It teaches how web data are transferred across the network, how to design interactive browser content and how to provide dynamic pages from the server.
- Assignments (5) 30%
- In-class Exam 20%
- Project 20%
- Final Exam 30%
Representative Course Outline
- Web information systems foundation (3 hours)
- Web servers
- Browsers and other clients
- Client side (12 hours)
- Browser API
- Browser Development Tools
- Mobile web applications
- Server side (11 hours)
- Python Server Frameworks (such as Flask)
- Application frameworks (4 hours)
- Credit cannot be obtained for Computer Science 3100 and the former Computer Science 3715.
Page last updated May 24th 2021