In it's effort to promote personal safety, MUN employs a number of safety measures and programs throughout the campus.
Some of these include:
- No Cost dialing on all pay phones for the 911 service or the Campus emergency line (709-864-4100)
- Numerous closed circuit television cameras that monitor and record activities at various locations throughout the campus
- Over 30 emergency telephones located at strategic locations throughout the campus that let Campus Enforcement and Patrol know exactly where the caller is
- Enhanced lighting in parking lots and walkways
- CEP Escorts to/from buildings, classes, parking lots, etc.
- Frequent patrols by Campus Enforcement and Patrol
- Personal Safety seminars on request
- Conducting building security audits on request
In addition to these initiatives please see the personal safety tips to the left.