Faculty of Engineering and Applied Science
TARGET: All years and friends of Faculty of Engineering and Applied Science
DATE, TIME & LOCATION:
50th Anniversary Social Featuring Dr. Roberta Bondar | Friday, Aug. 9, 2019 | 8 p.m. - 11 p.m. (doors open at 7:30pm) | Signal Hill Campus, Memorial University
50th Anniversary Family Open House | Saturday, Aug. 10, 2019 | 11 a.m. - 2 p.m. | S.J. Carew Building, Faculty of Engineering and Applied Science, Memorial University
In 1969, our founding Dean, Dr. Angus Bruneau, announced a new full engineering degree program at Memorial. The first class of students entered a year of general studies in the Fall of 1968 and then began the new engineering program in the Fall of 1969. The first engineering class began, along with the first offering of a master of engineering degree in ocean engineering. In 1974, Memorial’s first class of 76 students graduated with a degree of bachelor of engineering in electrical, mechanical or civil engineering. To celebrate 50 years of engineering education in the province, here is what the Faculty of Engineering and Applied Science has planned:
50th Anniversary Social Featuring Dr. Roberta Bondar
- Date: Friday, Aug. 9, 2019
- Time: 8 p.m. - 11 p.m. (doors open at 7:30 p.m.)
- Location: Signal Hill Campus, Memorial University
- Description: Canadian space legend Dr. Roberta Bondar will be the faculty's 50th Anniversary guest speaker. Dr. Bondar is Canada's first female astronaut and first neurologist in space! Special thanks to the F.W. Angel Memorial Lecture for partnering with us on this event. Join your fellow alumni and friends of the faculty for some inspiring conversation and great food.
- Notes: No tickets available for purchase at the door.
50th Anniversary Family Open House
- Date: Saturday, Aug. 10, 2019
- Time: 11 a.m. - 2 p.m.
- Location: S.J. Carew Building, Faculty of Engineering and Applied Science, Memorial University
- Description: Memorial’s FEAS will host an open house as a part of the 50th celebrations. This family-friendly event will begin in the main foyer of the engineering building with information booths and guided tours of working laboratories. Things you may see include a tour of the award-winning Paradigm Hyperloop pod, 3D printers, chats with robots, a youth interaction station and so much more! For returning alumni, it is a great opportunity to take a walk down memory lane with your family.
- Notes: Admission is free but you still need to register so that we can properly plan for numbers.
COST: Friday Night Tickets - $75 (taxes and fees included) | Saturday Tickets - This event is free but registration is required
CONTACT: Coreen Bennett | firstname.lastname@example.org | 709-864-6222