Tips for Using the Writing Centre
When should I visit?
• Visit the Writing Centre at any stage in your writing.
• Schedule early to avail of our services to support you. Our sessions sometimes fill up quickly!
• Come regularly if needed.
What should I bring?
• All printed documents, class materials, primary/secondary sources, assignment directions, professor comments, and any other relevant materials pertinent to the assignment.
• A second copy of your writing for the tutor.
What should I expect upon arrival?
• Follow the entrance and exit signs when arriving and departing.
• Sign in with the receptionist with your name, student number, and course name
• If you have a scheduled tutor session, your assigned tutor will greet you.
• If you are dropping in, the receptionist will check for tutor availability.
• Desks are positioned 6 feet (2 metres) apart respecting COVID regulations.
• Hand sanitizers are available throughout the centre.
• Masks must be worn in the Writing Centre.
What should I do during a tutor session?
• Complete the student intake form and hand in to the tutor.
• Be prepared to take notes and ask questions
• Schedule a follow-up session if required.
• Be engaged! The tutor is there to help you, but it is your assignment!
• Complete the feedback form to let us know what you liked about your session or how we can improve our services.
What should I do after the session?
• Review the notes you made during your session and decide how you would like to revise your writing.
• If you feel you would still like some guidance after making your revisions, make another appointment to come and see us!