Faculty and Instructors
The Writing Centre supports not only Memorial students but also the university's faculty and instructors. Accessing the Writing Centre, faculty and instructors can foster a writing-supportive environment within their courses, ultimately helping students develop stronger writing skills and succeed academically.
If you would like to connect and have a conversation, please reach out at firstname.lastname@example.org or 864-3168.
What can you do to encourage students to access the Writing Centre?
- Integrate the Writing Centre on your course syllabus.
- Promote Writing Centre tutors as great sounding boards and fresh eyes.
- Ensure students that the Writing Centre is a safe place to learn and grow.
- Explain that the Writing Centre supports all writing levels.
- Communicate that the Writing Centre can build confidence to help student writers move forward.
- Explain that seeking assistance is not a sign of weakness but rather a testament to commitment, personal growth and improvement.
- Show the website in class/online.
- Request a visit to the class by emailing email@example.com.
- Email at firstname.lastname@example.org for an orientation session and/or class presentation.
- Refer students to our peer tutoring appointments and online workshops.
- Promote our online resources.
- Add links to specific Writing Centre resources on course assignments and tasks.