ISER Doctoral and Masters Fellowships
Doctoral Fellowships are available, on a competitive basis, to candidates who are enrolled in a full-time doctoral programme at Memorial University. Fellowships are awarded specifically for the carrying out of the candidate’s doctoral research. Candidates must have completed all requirements for the doctoral degree, other than the thesis. Candidates are eligible to apply until the completion of their 5th year. Fellowships up to the amount of $17,700 per annum are normally awarded for up to one year (paid on a bi-weekly basis in Canadian dollars and pro-rated over the duration of the fellowship).
Masters Fellowships are available, on a competitive basis, to Memorial University students enrolled in a Masters programme. A Masters Fellowship in the maximum of $10,000 per annum is granted for one year in the student’s second year of the Masters programme.
Please note that for this competition we are using fillable PDFs and digital signatures. Steps for using these pdfs are given below. If you need further help please consult this guide or email Allan at email@example.com for help.
- Before attempting to fill in these pdfs download and save them on your computer - do not attempt to fill them in using your browser.
- Once downloaded and saved, open the pdf in Adobe Reader (please use the latest version available) and fill it in. If you don't have the free Adobe Reader, please download it from the Adobe website.
- Once the form has been filled in, click on the digital signature box at the end of the form (the box with the little red tag on it) and then either create a new digital signature if you have not digitally signed a pdf before, or use an existing digital signature to sign the pdf. NOTE: Do not sign the pdf until the form is completed and ready for emailing; signing the pdf and then changing the fields will invalidate the document.
- Then forward the pdf to the emaill address indicated on the pdf.
To apply for a Doctoral fellowship:
- Fill in and digitally sign the Doctoral Fellowship Application.
- Fill in the Applicant section on the Letter of Appraisal form and then email it to the referee so they can fill in their section.
To apply for a Masters fellowship: