ISER Conference Grant
For the Research Grant, all applicants who are members of Memorial University (faculty, students, staff) must submit their applications through the Memorial Researcher Portal by the internal deadline specified by their Faculty or School, in advance of the Foundation’s deadline. Memorial University will submit these applications on applicants’ behalf to the Institute following for departmental and faculty review and approval. Memorial applicants should check with their Grant Facilitators or unit approvers about internal deadlines.
For applicants from Memorial’s Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences, the internal deadline for review and Dean's Office sign-off is February 15, 2023. Additional information about the submission process can be found at the HSS Research Funding Tracker: https://www.hss.mun.ca/funding/opportunities/2986
External applicants must submit completed application packages to firstname.lastname@example.org by March 1, 2023**
Conference Grants, up to a maximum of $5,000, are available to members of Memorial University to defray the costs of conference organization; such items as support travel and subsistence for visiting or invited conference attendees, research assistance, materials and supplies associated with a conference will be considered eligible expenses. Applications for travel to conferences and its related expenses will not be accepted as this is not the mandate of ISER.
Deadline Date: The deadline date is March 1 and such applications will be adjudicated by the Awards Panel prior to consideration by the ISER Executive Committee.
This application must be completed by the person organizing the conference or a person delegated by the conference’s organizing committee.
Conference organizers are encouraged to also seek other sources of funding.
Please note that for this competition we are using fillable PDFs and digital signatures. Steps for using these pdfs are given below. If you need further help please consult this guide or email Allan at email@example.com for help with technical questions only. For all other inquiries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Before attempting to fill in these pdfs download and save them on your computer - do not attempt to fill them in using your browser.
- Once downloaded and saved, open the pdf in Adobe Reader (please use the latest version available) and fill it in. If you don't have the free Adobe Reader, please download it from the Adobe website.
- Once the form has been filled in, click on the digital signature box at the end of the form (the box with the little red tag on it) and then either create a new digital signature if you have not digitally signed a pdf before, or use an existing digital signature to sign the pdf. NOTE: Do not sign the pdf until the form is completed and ready for emailing; signing the pdf and then changing the fields will invalidate the document.
- Then forward the pdf to the emaill address indicated on the pdf.
To apply for a conference grant:
- Fill in and digitally sign the .
- Fill in the Applicant section on the Letter of Appraisal for Conference Grant form and then email it to the referee so they can fill in their section.