Bequests and Planned Giving
Through estate gifts, it is possible to make a contribution that will affect generations well into the future. A gift to Memorial University has an exponential effect, one that creates opportunities for learning and innovation that are ultimately paid forward in the communities we share. Legacy gifts, also known as planned gifts, nurture tomorrow’s leaders, creators, helpers, innovators and healers.
There are several ways you can make a legacy gift to Memorial University.
- Bequest: A gift through your will.
- Life insurance: A gift through a life insurance policy.
- RRSP-RRIF: Designate Memorial University as the beneficiary of your RRSP or RRIF.
- Appreciated securities*: A gift through publicly traded stocks, bonds or mutual funds.
- Gifts in kind*: A gift of property such as historical documents and photos or rare books.
Wise estate planning can reduce taxes payable and maximize the impact of your estate, allowing you to help your heirs and fulfill your charitable wishes. Please consult your lawyer, accountant and/or financial advisors when planning a legacy gift.
*Please note that the ability to donate stocks or extend gifts in kind to Memorial University is not restricted to Planned Giving. More details can be found here.
Questions about Legacy/Planned Giving
If you would like to speak directly to someone about making a Planned Gift to Memorial University, please call Catherine Barrett at (709) 864-2157 or Michelle Smith at (709) 864-2504 or e-mail email@example.com.
Additional information can be found in our Planned Giving brochure, available online or in hard copy at your request.
CHARITABLE REGISTRATION NUMBER: 10769 0273 RR0001