Rodolphe Devillers and Joachim Claudet (CRIOBE)
Awards and Distinctions:
Millennium Prize in Marine Management (2015); Sobey Fund for Oceans Scholarship (2014); Dean’s Honour List, Queen’s University (2013, 2014)
Bachelor of Science (Honours) Biology, Queen’s University (2014); Master of Marine Management, Dalhousie University (2016)
Title of Project:
Integrating social-ecological vulnerability assessments in support of marine spatial planning and marine conservation.
Reimer, J., Gravel, C., Brown, M.W. and C.T. Taggart. 2016. Mitigating vessel strikes: the problem of the peripatetic whales and the peripatetic ships. Marine Policy 68: 91-99.
- Research Intern, Marine Environmental Observation, Prediction, and Response network (MEOPAR). Project: Whales, Habitats, and Listening Experiment. Apr. to Aug. 2015.
- Research Student, Queen’s University: Freshwater Fisheries Conservation Lab. Project: Developing new approaches in aquaculture: dietary preference of calico crayfish (Orconectes immunis) and applications in polyculture. Sept. 2013 to Apr. 2014.
- Research Assistant, Queen’s University: Terrestrial Ecosystem Ecology Lab. Project: Alternate stable states in deciduous forests driven by selective herbivory. May to Sept. 2012.
- Head Teaching Assistant, Winter 2016, MGMT 1702: Ecosystem Goods and Services, Dalhousie University.
- Teaching Assistant, Winter 2016, SUST 1001: Introduction to Environment, Sustainability, and Society II, Dalhousie University.
- Teaching Assistant, Winter 2016, ENVS 1200: Current Environmental Challenges: Analysis and Solutions, Dalhousie University.
- Teaching Assistant, Winter 2016, MGMT 1001: Managing Organizational Issues II, Dalhousie University.
- Teaching Assistant, Fall 2015, ENVS 1100: Foundations of Environmental Science: Ecosphere, Resources, and Sustainability, Dalhousie University.
- Teaching Assistant, Winter 2015, MGMT 1702: Ecosystem Goods and Services, Dalhousie University.
- Applied conservation
- Marine conservation planning
- Marine spatial planning
- Human ecology/ethnoecology
- Social-ecological systems