Due to the current COVID-19 situation, the Campus Food Bank is not able to accept food donations at this time.  When that status changes, we will post details here.  We are still happy to accept monetary donations.


Please, do not use our Open Hours for dropping off donations.  See below for details. 

The Campus Food Bank accepts donations of both food and money.  See below for details on donating food, money, payroll deductions, in memoriam gifts, and recycling.  We are an all-volunteer group so please allow some time for a reply to any contact to us. The food bank is not open every day and this can delay response time a small amount.

Monetary Donations

We are a registered charity and can give tax receipts for cash or cheque donations. If you wish to make such a donation, you can phone the Food Bank at 864-3467, or e-mail, to arrange pickup of the funds.  At this time our bank account doesn't permit e-transfers. If using a cheque, it should be made out to Campus Food Bank.  

Food Donations  NO FOOD DONATIONS AT THIS TIME, DUE TO COVID-19 SITUATION - posted June 26.20.

Please, for the privacy of our food recipients, we ask that you do not drop off food during our hours of operation, as these posted hours are only meant for food hamper pickup.  Instead, contact us at our email address,  or call us at 864-3467.  We will arrange a mutually convenient delivery time for both you and a volunteer.  We can also pickup if necessary.  We are an all volunteer organization, so we may need a few days to schedule someone to be available for donors. If you have limited time for drop-off and a small amount of food, it is okay to just drop bags outside our door, and the next volunteer along will bring them in.  If you wish to donate food and wonder if there are particular items we need, items from the list on the suggested items for food drives page are always ones we can use.

Employee/Retiree Payroll Deductions

If you are a current employee or retiree of Memorial, you can give to us via payroll deductions.  We have a paper form for this, which you would need to print, sign and mail to Human Resources - Payroll.  Online giving is not available at this time.  As the form notes, the amount given will show in the charitable donation box of your T4.  There will not be a separate receipt from us. 

In Memoriam Donations

If you want to give a donation to the Food Bank in memory of someone, we can give you a tax receipt, and also send an acknowledgement to the family of the deceased person. Just contact us by phone or e-mail as listed above.


If you wish to donate your recycling money to the food bank, we have an account with Ever Green Recycling.  Go to the Express dropoff counter at any Ever Green depot and you'll be prompted to type in a phone# which is linked to the account receiving funds. The Campus Food Bank number is 864-3467. Then just drop off the bags as per Ever Green's practices. 

MUN donates funds from its main campus beverage container recycling program to the food bank.  The Marine Institute also does the same thing.  We are most appreciative of this support.


Campus Food Bank

230 Elizabeth Ave, St. John's, NL, CANADA, A1B 3X9

Postal Address: P.O. Box 4200, St. John's, NL, CANADA, A1C 5S7

Tel: (709) 864-8000