Become a MUN Mentor and make a difference!
The MUN Mentors program is a peer mentorship program whereby new international students are matched with and mentored by current MUN students during their first semester at Memorial University.
Mentors can learn about a new culture, share information about living here, and gain intercultural communication skills!
We are no longer accepting applications for Mentors for the Fall 2014 semester.
If you are a new international student and would like to be matched with a Mentor for the Fall 2014 semester, please email email@example.com .
As a mentor you will...
- Connect with your mentee prior to his or her arrival and answer his or her questions about Memorial and St. John's
- Introduce your mentee to campus and act as a "go-to-person" throughout the duration of the semester
- Assist your mentee in developing study habits that are suitable for the Canadian classroom
- Help your mentee become involved in the campus and community events
- Discuss your mentee's concerns and challenges, and when necessary, refer him or her to appropriate services on campus
- Learn about a new culture, and attend workshops to develop your intercultural skills
- Participate in social activities with your mentee, such as going for coffee or a movie and attend organized MUN Mentors activities
- Provide a friendly, familiar face around campus and in St. John's
To be eligible:
- Have completed at least one term at Memorial
- Have a cumulative GPA of over 2.5
- Submit the application by the deadline
- Attend an interview with the coordinator
- Be available to attend training sessions
Please submit your application via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any questions about the MUN Mentors program please contact the program coordinator, Julia Hiscock, at email@example.com or by calling (709) 864-8671