Become a MUN Mentor and make a difference!
The MUN Mentors program is a peer mentorship program whereby new international students are matched with and mentored by current MUN students during their first semester at Memorial University.
Mentors can learn about a new culture, share information about living here, and gain intercultural communication skills!
The MUN Mentors program is now accepting applications for Winter 2014.
Deadline to Apply is Nov 1, 2013
As a mentor you will...
- Connect with your mentee prior to his or her arrival and answer his or her questions about Memorial and St. John's
- Introduce your mentee to campus and act as a "go-to-person" throughout the duration of the semester
- Assist your mentee in developing study habits that are suitable for the Canadian classroom
- Help your mentee become involved in the campus and community events
- Discuss your mentee's concerns and challenges, and when necessary, refer him or her to appropriate services on campus
- Learn about a new culture, and attend workshops to develop your intercultural skills
- Participate in social activities with your mentee, such as going for coffee or a movie and attend organized MUN Mentors activities
- Provide a friendly, familiar face around campus and in St. John's
To be eligible:
- Have completed at least one term at Memorial
- Have a cumulative GPA of over 2.5
- Submit the application by the deadline
- Attend an interview with the coordinator
- Be available to attend training sessions
If you have any questions concerning the MUN Mentors program please contact the program coordinator, Julia Hiscock, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 709-864-8671