Become a MUN Mentor and make a difference!
The MUN Mentors program is a peer mentorship program whereby new international students are matched with and mentored by current MUN students during their first semester at Memorial University.
Mentors can learn about a new culture, share information about living here, and gain intercultural communication skills!
We are now accepting applications for the Fall 2014 semester. Click the poster below to download an application.
Deadline to apply is February 28, 2014.
As a mentor you will...
- Connect with your mentee prior to his or her arrival and answer his or her questions about Memorial and St. John's
- Introduce your mentee to campus and act as a "go-to-person" throughout the duration of the semester
- Assist your mentee in developing study habits that are suitable for the Canadian classroom
- Help your mentee become involved in the campus and community events
- Discuss your mentee's concerns and challenges, and when necessary, refer him or her to appropriate services on campus
- Learn about a new culture, and attend workshops to develop your intercultural skills
- Participate in social activities with your mentee, such as going for coffee or a movie and attend organized MUN Mentors activities
- Provide a friendly, familiar face around campus and in St. John's
To be eligible:
- Have completed at least one term at Memorial
- Have a cumulative GPA of over 2.5
- Submit the application by the deadline
- Attend an interview with the coordinator
- Be available to attend training sessions
Please submit your application via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any questions about the MUN Mentors program please contact the program coordinator, Julia Hiscock, at email@example.com or by calling (709) 864-8671