Become a MUN Mentor and make a difference!
The MUN Mentors program is a peer mentorship program for international students whereby new international students are matched with and mentored by current MUN students during their first semester at Memorial University.
Mentors can learn about a new culture, share information about living here, and gain intercultural communication skills!
The MUN Mentors program is no longer accepting applications for Fall 2013.
As a mentor you will...
- Connect with your mentee prior to his or her arrival and answer his or her questions about Memorial and St. John's
- Introduce your mentee to campus and act as a "go-to-person" throughout the duration of the semester
- Assist your mentee in developing study habits that are suitable for the Canadian classroom
- Help your mentee become involved in the campus and community events
- Discuss your mentee's concerns and challenges, and when necessary, refer him or her to appropriate services on campus
- Learn about a new culture, and attend workshops to develop your intercultural skills
- Participate in social activities with your mentee, such as going for coffee or a movie and attend organized MUN Mentors activities
- Provide a friendly, familiar face around campus and St. John's
To be eligible:
- Have completed at least one term at Memorial
- Have a cumulative GPA of over 2.5
- Submit the application by the deadline
- Attend an interview with the coordinator
- Be available to attend training sessions
If you have any questions concerning the MUN Mentors program please contact the program coordinator, Teeba Alsafar, at email@example.com or 709-864-8671