Coffee Club and Discussion Group
Every Friday afternoon from 3:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m. in the Social Room next to our office, we host Coffee Club - a casual drop-in activity to end the busy week.
All students are invited to come and have free coffee/tea and sweets and meet other students on campus. One of the best ways to battle homesickness and adjust to life on campus is to get out and socialize. There is always interesting conversation and lots of laughter. You will have the opportunity to learn about Newfoundland and hear fascinating stories from other international students. So, when you are planning your class schedule don't forget to keep two hours free on Fridays for Coffee Club! It's a great chance to make new friends from all over the world!
Usually there is a new theme to Coffee Club every week reflecting local or international holidays or showcasing talents and interests of students. Past themes have included:
- Halloween pumpkin carving
- Christmas card making and mummering (a Newfoundland Christmas tradition)
- Valentine's Day cake decorating contest and card making (Valentine's cards and Chinese New Year cards)
- St. Patrick's day riddle contest
- Silly Olympics (paper plate discus, plastic straw javelin, etc.)
- Numerology and Palm reading Please feel free to drop by for our Coffee Club!
Discussion Group is held every Wednesdy in the ISA Social Room from 4pm - 5pm.
Weekly topics range from study habits, loneliness & other topics such as adjusting to life on campus, healthly eating and living.
Discussion group is always drop in so if you are interested in meeting some new people or reconnecting with other friends, please come by!
Cookies and coffee are always on hand :0)
For a full list of all our upcoming events and check out the Calendar of Events
For any other questions please email Juanita at firstname.lastname@example.org