There are 157 International students with a spouse and/or children in the ISA Family program at Memorial University. As with any changes in life, there are adjustments to be made. As a result, supports are available to assist international students arriving with their families to settle into a new home.
Drop by the ISA Office at Corte Real, Room 1000a to speak with the International Families Coordinator
The ISA Family Program can provide information on:
- Family Health Care
- Schools for Children
- Daycares for Children
- Family Tax Benefits
- Work/Volunteer Opportunities for Spouses
- ESL opportunities for Spouses
- Local Community Supports and Services
- Parenting Resources
The ISA Family Program offers the following programs and activities so families can get together and experience the local culture.
- Welcome Kit to newly arriving international students with their families
- Back to School Program which provides school supplies to school-aged children
- Birthday Book Club which provides age appropriate books to the children of international students
- Welcome New Baby gift to an international student (or spouse) who has a baby while in St. John's
- Monthly events such as bowling/pizza party, Halloween party, Christmas party, cooking with the ISA kids, city tour, boat tour, paint your own pottery and visits to local museums
Check out ISA Family Program video. See what other international student families are saying about life in St. John's.