Check back in August to register for the Fall 2014 Professional Skills Development Program (PSDP) for International Students.
What exactly is the Professional Skills Development Program (PSDP) for International Students?
This initiative helps to prepare international students for professional employment in NL and throughout Canada. The program will take place once a week and will cover themes of communication, culture, volunteering and interactive professional skill development. The goal is to instill a level of Canadian job search knowledge and preparation to assist students throughout their academic study and after graduation.
- Who is eligible to apply: any current undergraduate or graduate international student.
- There is no cost to register - the complete program is FREE. PSDP will cover all entrance fees and transportation to attend networking events.
PSDP in the NEWS!!!
PSDP was presented to career services professionals and employers @ a number of conferences in 2012:
- Jan. 2012: CANNEXUS12 (National Career Development Conference)
- May 2012: AACUSS (The Atlantic Association Of College And University Student Services)
- June 2012: CACEE (Canadian Association of Career Educators & Employers)
In June 2011, AACUSS (Atlantic Association Of College And University Student Services) awarded the PSDP the AACUSS Award for Excellence in Student Services!!
Communique, Winter 2011 article and an article promoting the PSDP to career advisors and practitioners acorss Canada!!
For more information about the Professional Skills Development Program or any of the information listed above, please contact Ying Zhang at firstname.lastname@example.org