Registration for PSDP is now closed for the 2015 Spring Semester.
The registration period is over and the sessions have start, but there is always time to attend next semester. In the meantime, you can learn more about the program by contacting Jeremy (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Dennis (email@example.com).
What exactly is the Professional Skills Development Program (PSDP) for International Students?
This initiative helps to prepare international students for professional employment in NL and throughout Canada. The program will take place once a week and will cover themes of communication, culture, volunteering and interactive professional skill development. The goal is to instill a level of Canadian job search knowledge and preparation to assist students throughout their academic study and after graduation.
- Who is eligible to apply: any current undergraduate or graduate international student.
- There is no cost to register - the complete program is FREE.
PSDP in the NEWS!!!
PSDP was presented to career services professionals and employers @ a number of conferences in 2012:
- Jan. 2012: CANNEXUS12 (National Career Development Conference)
- May 2012: AACUSS (The Atlantic Association Of College And University Student Services)
- June 2012: CACEE (Canadian Association of Career Educators & Employers)
In June 2011, AACUSS (Atlantic Association Of College And University Student Services) awarded the PSDP the AACUSS Award for Excellence in Student Services!!
Communique, Winter 2011 article and an article promoting the PSDP to career advisors and practitioners acorss Canada!!
For more information about the Professional Skills Development Program or any of the information listed above, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org