Please Enter a Search Term

Co-op Programs and Work Terms


International students who wish to participate in a co-op placement or work-term must apply for a Work Permit. There is no fee for a Work Permit if it is part of your program of study. Consult the International Student Advisor about your Work Permit for these types of programs as soon as you arrive on campus.


To be eligible, you must meet the following conditions:

  • You must have a valid Study Permit

  • The intended employment (work term) must be an essential part of your course of study in Canada

  • The employment must be certified as a part of the academic program by a responsible academic official at the University

  • The co-op placement or work-term cannot form more than 50% of the total program of study


How to Apply:

There are four steps to apply for a co-op work permit:


Mailing your application:

For a new or renewal of the Co-op Work Permit, mail your application to:

  • Citizenship and Immigration -Work Permit
    6212 - 55th Avenue, Unit 555
    Vegreville AB
    T9C 1X6


It is recommended that you use Canada Post's National Xpresspost Service to be able to track the delivery of your applictaion.


If you have any questions, attend an information session. Click here for a schedule of information sessions and corresponding presentations and applicatoin form templates. If you have a special case or specific questions, you can contact Natasha for help or to book an appointment:


Click here to read more about the Co-op Work Permit and get the application.