Resumes and Cover Letters
What is a Resume and when do I use it?
- Used for job search & usually 1-2 pages
- Provides an overview of your experiences to date (education, work experience, volunteering, skills, interests, hobbies)
Resources to help develop your resume:
- Resume and Cover Letter Writing Guide - Explains how to develop a resume and cover letter & gives examples to help you understand the different sections
- Action Verbs: How do you describe your work or volunteer experience? These verbs will help you design your sections and describe your duties
- Handout on Resumés and Cover Letters
If you are a Memorial student or alumni and would like your resumé critiqued please email firstname.lastname@example.org Our goal is to have your resumé back to you within two business days.
You can also meet with a Career Advisor to discuss how to ensure you look your best on paper. Book an appointment here or drop by Career Development (UC-4002) for assistance from our friendly and knowledgeable staff.
Research has shown that employers, on average, give a resumé and cover letter only 10-15 seconds of attention so you can't afford to miss out!